Character Builders leadership program can be delivered to individual year levels or incorporated as a sequential program. The suggested course of leadership acquisition below is a guide for schools to consider.
“Character Builders Leadership Programs are authentic and really challenge students to lead with character.
Their experiences are well planned and empower students to work outside comfort zones while building rapport and unity with their peers.
I highly recommend their services to any leadership team.”
This is a wonderful introductory program to leadership for the leaders of the primary school. Initially the year 5 cohort are exposed to notion that the journey ahead is one of connectedness for the cohort and character development for the individual. The year 5’s will build the qualities listed below in preparation for their senior year.
At the same time the seniors will be engaging in meaningful, responsible and character building challenges that promote responsibility and a growth in character awareness. Our team will challenge the cohort to set the right example to the whole school community through a number of intentional leadership experiences. By the end of primary leadership program students will have developed a strong sense of self worth, capability, resilience and readiness to step up to new challenges as they move forward in their education and lives.
- Year 5 – Preparing to Lead Core Skills – trusting, collaborating, communicating, respecting, inclusion and confidence building
- Year 6 – Leading the Primary School Core Skills – presenting, responsibility, facilitating, sharing, service and handover (empowering the 5’s to step up)
“Our Yr 6 students spent a morning thinking, laughing, collaborating and learning together. The Character Builders staff did an outstanding job preparing meaningful activities and supporting the students to work together and build their leadership capacities.”
~ Steven Clacher, Teacher | Deputy Head of Junior School 4 – 6, AB Paterson.
- Years 5-6
- 500 students
Middle school is arguably one of the most trying times in a students life. Our middle school leadership program provides for this by empowering students with further opportunities to develop character. Tomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb, quoted “what one’s mind creates one’s character can control”. We firmly agree with this understanding and look to create our own intentional light bulb moments for students during this time. We do this through our fabulous leadership experiences including Kokoda, Amazing Race, The Bigger Picture, Domino Theory and our wonderful group dynamic and character building presentations.
- Year 7 – Personal Leadership Core Skills – personal excellence, self-awareness, self-respect, self-esteem, confidence, individuality
- Year 8 – Peer Leadership Core Skills – awareness of others, respecting difference, peer culture, interpersonal skills, team building
- Year 9 – Emerging Leadership Core Skills – digital leadership, global awareness, social justice, elective
- Years 7-9
- 500 students
We strongly believe that the senior years are about service learning and giving. In return our program empowers students to experience that as you serve others you actually develop a greater depth of character and personal achievement. These years are pivotal in helping young adults to connect with the possibilities of their own capabilities and efforts. By the end of senior your students will have developed life long character habits that will be confidently transferable to any situation.
- Year 10 – Career Based Leadership Profile Core Skills – employability, goal setting, vision dreaming, targets/key performance indicators, time management, organisation
- Year 11 – Senior Leadership Preparation Core Skills – inclusion, team building, morale, peer organisation, Don’t forget to check out our leadership camps (especially for year 11). Character Builders is a market leader when it comes to facilitating school leadership camps and preparing year 11 to lead with gusto.
- Year 12 – The Pinnacle Year Core Skills – role-modelling, prioritizing, facilitating, co-ordinating, handover, personal excellence
- Years 10-12
- 500 students