Our school incursions are so much fun and are enjoyed by over 100 schools every year. Your staff and students will love our fun and engaging offerings. We are flexible to deliver onsite and we bring everything to you.
- A Full itinerary with timings and key information is provided for all excursion
- Our facilitators always connect with students
- Programs mapped to meet the current Australian Curriculum Year Level Standards.
- The company and all staff are registered with Blue Cards.
- Character Builders is insured with $20,000,000 Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
Character Building focusing on confidence, self esteem, respect, resilience and positive mindsets
Our Leadership Day is highly regarded and very popular in schools. Your students and staff can expect to engage in plenty of practical and hands-on leadership experiences as they practice stepping up at times, stepping back at times and encouraging others. This incursion can be moulded to suit the needs of each specific year level. Our Character Based outcomes include:
- Investing in self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Understanding leadership capacity to serve others.
- Developing quality and depth of character through practical leadership experiences.
- Empowering leaders to discover their personal value set.
- Years 3-12
- 1000 students
- Full-Day Program
Nothing says team more than a day of fun-filled team–focused experiences by Character Builders. We know how to set the right tone and empower each student and staff member to get involved. On this day winning isn’t everything! Teams will see that the real win is behind the culture and how the game is played. Rest assured that your students and staff will love this day.
- Highlighting the importance of working with others outside their comfort zones.
- Investing in strategies on how to connect and build positive peer culture.
- Creating authentic experiences which promote social skills for life-long learning.
- Empowering students with skills and strategies to work effectively in teams.
We have year level specific programs from Prep to Year 12. Contact us for our year level specific programs. No matter what your school needs, we can work with you to tailor the perfect program. The benefits of a Character Builders year level program include:
- Identifying typical life challenges faced by students at each age juncture.
- Guiding students character discovery through age appropriate and engaging experiences.
- Delivering tangible takeaways to help students engage in their social surroundings.
- Empowering students to recognise the capacity in their character growth.
There is an ever increasing amount of social pressure in our schools and our students often will act in ways outside their comfort zone to “fit in”. Hormonal changes, peer group pressures, group dynamics, jealousy, group labelling, gossip, attention seeking, acts of bullying and friendship groups make it very difficult for so many. Too many students struggle, often in silence and lack social coping strategies. It doesn’t have to be this way. Our Anti-Bullying Day is a great resource that will complement the schools pastoral care program in the personal development and resilience of your students.
- Highlighting the benefits of a safe group environment and each persons responsibility to a sustainable positive peer culture
- Exposing poor social group practices and the dynamics of bullying
- Encouraging students to take ownership of their role in the social group dynamic
- Empowering students with positive strategies for personal responsibility and better group interactions
We throw balloons, dominoes and anything else we can find into a construction zone where students must prioritise, problem solve, design, create and deliver a finished product.
Organise a team, dress-up in theme and get ready to take out gold! Picture a sports carnival with lateral thinker activities, plenty of team building challenges and traditional events all rolled into one. On this day, it’s not the fastest, fittest and strongest that win.
They say a picture paints a thousand words so to help get the message across we have designed a canvas workshop where each student as part of team must work together to make sense of the ‘big picture’. Starting with an individual canvas, students must work together and design a team canvas to finally gel with part of giant canvas structure for the entire cohort.
Eggs will be beaten and minds will be challenged as teams go head to head to create a crepe master piece. Students will be enticed with delicious toppings and accompaniments and as a team need to collaborate, prioritise and deliver deliciousness to a panel of judges.
Character Fundraiser – Move Over Maccas
Not only do students build character, but they build a burger to on sell to the student body at lunch time. Both prior and during the experience students must work together to create awareness, prep materials and strive to sell in the name of charity. This is a delicious activity with a good feel.
We have a range of engaging and motivating guest speakers who can present to your students. A wide range of topics can be covered through these presentations:
- Bully Awareness and Group Dynamics
- Impacts of the Digital Age
- Building Positive Peer Culture
- Building Confident and Resilient Characters
- Effective Leadership
- Goal Setting
- Tips for Social Success
- Years 4-12
- 1000 students
- Short Presentations